Summer is approaching India, soon the country will be flooded with the bright sun and its scorching heat. The schools will be closed for summer vacations as soon as the exams get over and even the offices will also have half attendance due to the unbearable heat. This is the right time to plan for a long trip during the summer vacations. So, what are you waiting for? Get your baggage packed and go out to explore ( apsrtc )beautiful India during this Summer.
What type of place should we visit this summer?
Summer is scorching and mostly sweaty in most of the places in India, as India is a tropical country enjoy a tropical climate. So, you must visit a place which is situated at a high altitude having a low temperature. Visiting a hill station will turn your mood on and make you feel cold even during this hot summer. You can also visit a beach city to enjoy staying by the seashores and enjoy the waves in the summer.
Manali has an enigmatic natural beauty that attracts millions of tourists throughout the year. It’s a very famous place surrounded by high mountains covered with snow. Manali provides an awesome atmosphere for the entire year. High mountains with numerous waterfalls and small streams makes Manali so beautiful that one will mesmerize by looking at its fascinating view.
Manali has located 546 KMs away from Delhi. The nearest airport is Bhuntar which is located 50 KMs away from Manali. The nearest railway station is in Chandigarh. 291 KMs far from Manali.
Things to do in Manali:
- Playing with the snowballs in Rohtang Pass
- Solang Valley, a famous place for getting engaged in various adventurous activities like Paragliding, zorbing, quad biking, etc .
- Visit Kullu, Shimla from Manali and enjoy those places too.
Darjeeling is again another hill station having its own heavenly beauty filled with the aroma of the famous Darjeeling tea. The hill station is covered with tea gardens and surrounded by high mountains covered with pine trees, tea gardens and snow. Darjeeling is flooded with tourists throughout the year that brings a good income to the local people. There are many small and medium level hotels and restaurants packed in this small hill station. The toy train ride is also a great attraction for kids and adults. Trolling along Batasia Loop is also one of the favorite activity for the tourists. Darjeeling railway station is the nearest railway station situated nearby. The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport located 65 km far from Darjeeling in Siliguri.
Places to visit in Darjeeling:
- Miric Lake is located nearby, a fascinating place to visit. The heavenly atmosphere of Miric will surely hypnotize the tourists.
- Pashupatinath Temple is also a stunningly beautiful place situated along the Nepal border.
- Spending evenings in Batasia Loop is also mesmerizing
- The awesome view of Kanchendzonga peak from Tiger Hill is amazingly beautiful, especially at the sunrise.
Cherrapunji, the wettest place on earth gets the highest rainfall in India. If you are a monsoon lover, then this place is perfect for you. The place has plenty of waterfalls, falling continuously from the high mountains and hills. Cherrapunji is covered with lush greenery, waterfalls, tropical rainforests, and high mountains- it has all of them. A perfect place to spend a long summer vacation. It is not hot here during the summer when other parts of India will be suffering from heat The Shillong Airport is the closest airport to Cherrapunji. The Guwahati Railway Station is the nearest railway station located 181 Kms away from Cherrapunji.
Places to visit in Cherrapunji:
- Mousmaia cave, a limestone cave having fossils a must visit.
- The gorgeous Double Decker Root Bridge, must visit and walk along the bridge
- Seven Sister Waterfall and Nohkalikai Falls are the two incredible waterfalls to visit
Lonavala is a truly beautiful place covered with lush greenery, just an hour’s drive from Mumbai. The place is filled with its mesmerizing beauty, away from the city hassle situated along the hills of the Western Ghat Mountain Ranges. There are several caves with natural cold spring water, many waterfalls providing a heavenly atmosphere all around. One would not even imagine having such a wonderful place located just at your doorstep. This place is more suitable for Mumbai city dwellers for weekend outing purposes, But, if you love to take photographs with a lush green background which also covers mountains and waterfalls then this place can be a perfect place for you. Mumbai Airport is the nearest airport to Lonavala, located just 100 KMs away. Lonavala railway station is located very close by. The two major cities Mumbai and Pune located within 80 and 600 KMs respectively.
Also Read: Alanna 100% Natural and Vegan Skincare Brand
Places to visit in Lonavala:
- Korigad Fort, Karla Caves, Bhaja Caves are some of the famous historical places Where one can travel along with collecting historical data as the caves are primitively Packed with historical tokens
- Rajmachi Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the nicest places to visit.
- If you like camping then Lonavala is going to be your paradise.