COVID-19 pandemic that has taken more than 6,000 deaths worldwide is creating panic all around the world. With the internet & social media flooded with tips on what to do and what not to do, people are unable to identify the right measures to take for prevention against Coronavirus ( prevent yourself from Coronavirus) in India & across the globe. For the ease of understanding and clearing out the confusion related to COVID-19 pandemic, we have listed below quick precautionary measures that every individual and company can follow to contain the spread.
- Clean, disinfect and sanitize high-touch surfaces, including tables, counters, handrails, chairs, doorknobs, handles, keyboards, remotes, desks, toilets, sinks, at least twice a day.
- Deep-clean office premises and household with specialized, yet eco-friendly cleaning chemicals. Seek professional sanitization and disinfection services as it requires knowing how to use disinfectants that do not harm humans.
- Install automatic hand sanitizer dispensers at washrooms, reception and lobby areas, making it easier for one and all to practice hand hygiene.
- Maintain personal hygiene. Frequently wash your hands with soap and water. If soap & water is not available, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol may be used.
- Always clean hands after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing, after using the restroom, before preparing food or eating.
- Avoid going in crowded places and do not host or attend large gatherings, especially now when Coronavirus in India has infected more than 1000 people.
- Maintain a 1m or 6 feet distance while interacting with others. Say a complete no to any physical contact such as handshake or elbow bump.
- Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis. If urgent, please wear the COVID-19 mask as a precautionary measure.
- Do not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, spoons, utensils, towels or bedding with other people. Each should be washed thoroughly with soap and water.
- If you have respiratory disease or infection, wear face masks to minimize the risk of spread to others.
- Launder items using warm water and antibacterial laundry cleanser (or in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions). Dry them completely before use. Sun-dry is recommended best.
The simplest rule to prevent yourself from coronavirus is to take special care of personal hygiene. The COVID-19 pandemic virus spreads primarily from one person to another in droplets that are produced by the infected person at the time of sneezing or coughing. When an infected person touches a surface or shakes hands with someone else, the virus transmits from one to another. This is why each of us needs to avoid touching public or common surfaces, personal contact and washing hands-on frequent basis.