Being a parent to a child is a blessing, but parenting isn’t an easy task to perform. It is easy for a person to decide whether he and she are ready to become a parent. But for that, he/she has to be very clear about the struggles they have to face. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some of your desires just to be a good parent. I am also a mother, so I can clearly get through the aspects of parenting.
Positive relationships between the two in all the areas are a very essential part. By being in the moment when the child needs you, spending some quality time with them, showing affection, care, warmth and respect to their ideas will strengthen your relationship with them.
1. Why the good relationship between parent and child essential?
Positive parent-child relationship boosts your children’s mind. They easily learn the new perspective of living in the world for survival. They learn from you only about the world, whether you are safe and secure in this world or not. Whether you are loved by them or not. What happens when they make faces, cry, laugh and the different gestures they use and much more?
There is no better formula given to boost up your relationship with your child, but there are times when you realize that it is hard for you to handle the situation. This is the time when you need to be a good friend to your child, to show them the right path. To raise them to a wonderful person you need to portray a good example in front of them.
The time when you start working on the improvement of your relationship, your child will definitely feel loved and secure.
2. How being in the moment helps to develop your relation with child?
As I said before that you should be at the moment when your child needs you. This actually means you should tune with your child that what is going in their life due to which either he/she is too happy or too sad or too engaged that they don’t bother who they are with and what they are doing. To build up a strong positive relationship you just have to look into the matter.
For this there are some simple ways to follow.
- You should avoid giving directions to your child all the time. Let them grow and find their own way to handle each kind of situation. Show acceptance of their ideas and views.
- You should always what your child is doing. Is it worthy or not. Guide them the right path and encourage them for doing that.
- You should always take a look at what your child’s behavior is telling you. If he/she is roaming around you continuously and not speaking anything that means he/she needs you. In that case, just give your child a hug and your time.
- You should take out time to play with him and have fun together.
- Let the child take lead and observe their ideas silently.
3. Spending some quality time to build up a parent-child relationship
You should always take out time from your busy schedule for your child. This will not only boost up your relationship with them but also help to grow positively. Quality time can happen anytime, anywhere. By this way, you show that you value them and respect them. This will help them to be always ready for sharing everything with you.
Take out time and plan something to do together. Any kind of activity like, games, movies, study, drawing, picnic, trips anything.
Take out some time for long interactions. It is a great way to build up a strong relationship between the two.
4. Showing affection, love, care, and respect to build up a parent-child relationship
From the time baby starts developing in the womb of the mother, they can feel, hear everything. So it is good to develop love, affection, and care from the very beginning. Trust and respect is the best way to build up a good relationship.
For this there are some simple ways given below.
- Be available when they need you.
- Be a guide but silently listen to what they have to say.
- Be an observer and see what exactly they are, i.e. what are their likes and dislikes.
- Be a teacher and set up some rules for them to follow.
- Be lenient but attentive whether they are right or wrong.
By this way you show your child that you care for them, respect them and most importantly love them.